Coordinated Veterans Care (CVC) Social Assistance
A 12-week program to help you connect with your community.
You may be able to receive Coordinated Veterans Care (CVC) Social Assistance if you are:
- enrolled in the CVC Program; and
- are at risk of becoming socially isolated; and/or
- at risk of unplanned hospitalisation because of social isolation
CVC Social Assistance will be included in your CVC Care Plan, and may include:
- a Veteran's Home Care (VHC) Service Provider visiting you regularly over the 12 week period
- activities or courses to help you connect with your community
- assistance with making social contacts; and
- your preference of connecting with a community or ex-service organisation, or both
Participating in CVC Social Assistance may increase your confidence, help you build networks in the community and reduce your risk of unplanned hospitalisation due to social isolation.
To access you will need to:
- get a referral to Veterans' Home Care (VHC) from your GP as part of the CVC program; and
- call the VHC Assessment Agency on 1300 550 450 to arrange an assessment
You may need to make co-payments or pay admission and equipment fees. This can be discussed with your VHC Assessment Agency.
- You're not expected to pay for any travel you do with your VHC service provider.
- Participation, activities and courses should be centred on you and support your goals.
Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004