If you have ongoing health or care needs, you may be eligible for community nursing. Nurses and qualified support staff can assist with medication, wound care, hygiene and help with showering or dressing. Having nurses or nursing support staff visit you at home can be an effective way to improve or maintain your health and independence.

Registered and enrolled nurses as well as nursing support staff can provide community nursing services.

Am I eligible?

If you have a Gold Card, we will fund community nursing to meet all of your assessed clinical and personal care needs. If you have a White Card, we will fund your community nursing needs if they are due to service-related injury or illness.

How can I access community nursing services?

You will need to get a referral from your healthcare professional or the Veterans’ Home Care Assessment Agency to receive community nursing. When you have a referral, a nurse will visit you at home to assess your clinical need for nursing and/or personal care.

More Information

To find out more about community nursing services and eligibility, please see: